Sunday, September 6, 2009

STALKER: Call of Pripyat... A Game I'll Definitely Use to Procrastinate On Life With :P

Loyd Case recently wrote an article on the games being released later this year that he is eagerly awaiting. You can check out his list here. One the games he mentioned was the new S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat game from GSC Game World. This will be the third game in the series. In a previous post, I talked about being very indecisive about whether to buy a game or not when there is no demo to help me make up my mind. However, this is one of the exceptions to that rule, mainly because I at least have some idea of what to expect from the previous two games that I own. Naturally, I hope that this new game will be even better than it's predecessors. I think the expression "the third time's the charm" is perfectly relevant here, don't you?

Now, whether or not I pick up the game on release day depends on whether or not I ever finish playing through STALKER: Clear Sky! I bought that game within a month of it's release, and started playing through it. However, I only got about 70% or so through the game at which point I moved to another town, and while I was careful about bringing the game case, I would discover the game disc was not in the case! Every now and then I still pull the case from the shelf, excited to continue playing the game (and finally beat it to show up my little brother :P), only to be reminded I can't play it for lack of a disc. Okay, but enough of that side-story!

It has been some time since I've actively sought out information about this game, mostly because I have been rather busy with college. Another reason is that I haven't been overly-anticipating the games release and getting my hopes up. However, since the game is coming out relatively soon, I see no harm in learning as much as possible! :)

Here's what I'm starting with: The first official game play video, which you can check out for yourself here.

How do you deal with new releases and the anticipation that builds up until release day? Are there titles coming out in 2009 that you are excited about? Tell me in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment